Monday, August 1, 2011

Pinkalicious - Chicago, IL

Saturday morning the girls and I had big plans.  In the little research I did before the trip, I realized that the play Pinkalicious was playing in Chicago.  I knew this was something I wanted to do with the girls.  We were all so excited.  The play performs a couple of times a week, so I figured we'd have a good shot at getting tickets last minute.  And we managed to get amazing seats. 

We had to take a cab to get to the theater - the girls love cab rides.  They were dancing to music along the way - even Rosie.  In some cruel advertising move, you have to walk through the American Girl Doll store to get into the theater.  They couldn't have walked any slower!  Jay and I later explained just how expensive they are and the girls were offering up household chores up to the age of 12.  They are too funny!

Pinkalicious was awesome!  It's about a little girl who loves the color pink and pink cupcakes.  She eats too many, turns pink and has to see a doctor.  The only way to reverse it is to eat her green vegetables.  The message was adorable and the singing and dancing really kept Rosalie entertained.  I was surprised that Rose sat for an hour without trying to walk around or make any noise.  She loved it and has been asking when she'll see Pinkalicious again.

They wanted to wear pink!  I was hoping to get a picture with the girls at the play but the employees aren't allowed to take photos.

Coloring their favorite green veggies in the lobby.

Snacks for the show...and yes, that is cotton candy (at 10am).  Mal's tough...the gray hair never phased her.  The twins passed on the cotton candy - haha. 
 After the show, the audience got to meet the cast and get autographs...

Pink's brother, Peter


Pink's best friend


Pinkalicious!


Before we hit the road on our very long ride back home, we stopped for lunch at Portillo's in Chicago.  Thanks for the suggestion Uncle Andrew!  The food was amazing.  They had a 'Maxwell Sandwich' and it was awesome!


Rose, taking a picture of her food again.


dancing street performer

No comments:

Post a Comment