Mallory’s elephant was a five year old “baby”. She was very comfortable riding. Total pro!
Rosalie was on her own elephant to start but I asked to have her ride with me instead. It would have been a long day for her and it helped ease my anxiety! To be honest, I’m terrified of heights and being high up in the mountains was making me nervous. She talked me down most of the ride and was a great partner. We rode Bonchun, a 46 year old Asian elephant, who was adorable!
Jay’s elephant was massive!
At the peak of the mountain we stopped to have lunch and watch the elephants bathe themselves!
Lunch was more pad thai and sticky rice...we’re eating a lot of this but who can complain?
Natalie and Hillary met us down by the river where we swam with the elephants.
This photo of Natalie makes me laugh...when they told her to lean back, she got quite the ride!
We had an incredibly memorable day, one for the books! Jay does an amazing job researching beforehand and I know these memories will last a lifetime!
MESSAGE FROM GUEST BLOGGER ROSALIE...
Hi,
This is Rosalie. Yesterday me and my family went to the elephant excursion. I had a great experience. It was also my very first time seeing a elephant. They were very cute and calm. We rode elephants up a mountain which was extremely fun (and a little scary). After riding up the mountain we stopped to eat lunch. We had pad thai and sticky rice. It was delicious. After lunch we went to get elephant kisses. I was too scared and chickened out. Later, we did an elephant spa. We got face masks and massaged a pregnant elephant. Then we went back to riding the elephants but I walked instead. When we got down to the river we swam with the elephants. That was my favorite part. We got sprayed with a lot with water by the elephants and got lifted up on their trunks. It was amazing. Then we rode back on the elephants again. I had an amazing time.
Fun fact: Mother elephants are pregnant for two years!
Sincerely,
Rosalie
No comments:
Post a Comment