Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Les Baux, France

Our next stop was the village of Les Baux de Provence. I had read about Carrieres de Lumieres on Tripadvisor and was really interested in going. The reviews were great and it was more than I expected. It's a gigantic, dug out quarry with famous works of art projected on the walls, floors and columns while period music plays throughout. It's completely dark inside the cave other than the colors of the paintings!

This year, the Renaissance artists are on display. I read that it was both a cultural and sensory exhibit and it was my favorite stop we've done yet! It was really beautiful and kept the kids entertained with how quickly the paintings would change.


It was pouring outside when we finished so we hopped in the car and drove to Arles. We were disappointed because the village of Les Baux is a site to see itself. It's shops, hotels and restaurants are built into the side of a mountain and there is an ancient ruined castle!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment