Saturday afternoon we visited Spello, which is a short drive from Assisi. I've taken lots of photos of alleyways in Italy and they are all so unique and beautiful. When I walk through them I imagine how amazing it would be, to be born and raised in these small Italian villages. It's so different here!
We stopped for a small lunch and water. We can't get enough water! It must be all the walking we're doing. There are lots of hills and it's hotter here than in Boston.
![]() |
| The patio we sat on for lunch. |
![]() |
| The view from the patio. |
![]() |
| Rosie when we told her she'd have to share gelato. She's serious about gelato. |
![]() |
| There are cats all over Italy and Rosalie goes nuts for them. |
Bevagna is another small town near Assisi. We strolled through the town and ate gelato.
![]() |
| I don't know what Rose was doing. |
![]() |
| Gelato! |
![]() |
| They didn't share after all. They had to choose between a soda with lunch or gelato. Easy choice! It's crazy how expensive soda is here. |
![]() |
| Italian streets will do this to you. Everyday! |
Saturday night we made arrangements to eat at the farmhouse. Gabriele was cooking dinner and we didn't know what he had planned for the menu.
![]() |
| Dinner set for 9 p.m. |
![]() |
| Daddy and his girls |
![]() |
| Warmed garbanzo beans with roasted red peppers and black-eyed beans with olive oil, onions and mint. |
![]() |
| He made the kids bowties and homemade meatballs and sausages. |
![]() |
| Antipasto platter |
![]() |
| The entree...wild boar ragu with pasta. I would never order this at a restaurant but it was incredible! |
![]() |
| My favorite dish in all of Italy. Sausage with grapes, olive oil, fennel, onion and spices. I will miss this dish! |
![]() |
| Watermelon to end the meal. |
![]() |
| Late night somersaults |
Gabriele is an amazing cook and I'm so happy we had the chance to eat dinner at the house. We had one of our best meals that night. It was an experience!




























No comments:
Post a Comment