This morning we drove to Ljubljana to return our rental car. We took this photo of our neighbor's sheep. The grumpy cat is a bonus.
We were running ahead of schedule which meant we could go out for breakfast. This was a real treat because we're usually up and out too late for anything besides a croissant.
Le Petit Cafe...the menu was like an old newspaper!
Rose wanted a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. We were a little confused at first but it tasted yummy! It was similar to a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with the fried egg on top.
Next, we loaded a van to drive five hours to Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic.
That's our driver, Jerry. Daddy was smart and rode shotgun.
I'm still trying to figure out how I got stuck in the third row with Mallory and Rosalie. Especially because they were all hopped up on the complimentary candy bars... SPEED!
We spent a good amount of time driving through Austria. We stopped and grabbed a few apple and cheese streusel for breakfast tomorrow.
The house in Slovenia had a scale and I was hesitant to weigh in. I haven't exercised these last two weeks and I've definitely eaten my fair share, as documented here. I was surprised to see I hadn't gained an ounce. It must be all of the heat and walking.
On our stop we also found that Europe, like the US, is obsessed with slime...goop...putty.
I thought by leaving the country we could get away from this stuff!
Haribo central right here in Austria...
Saying goodbye to Jerry...
He deserves all of the peace and quiet on his way back to Slovenia. He was subjected to pop and country music and dance parties the entire way!
We unloaded our bags and walked to dinner. We were all pretty hungry after being on the road all day.
I ordered a mojito at dinner and it was delicious. I'm still unsure of the connection but there are mojito bars and mojitos on the menus here. I'll have to look into that tomorrow. 😉
More dumplings...someone (who shall remain nameless) has to taste test them in every country!
Handstand break...
we were just so excited to be out of the van!
The girls were freaking out when they saw Trdelník. Apparently this is all the rage on social media. More so than rolled ice cream they tell me, but that could also be a ploy for more dessert. I told the girls they'd have to walk a bit before we considered it.
I'm beginning to feel like all we do is eat!
We've only been here for a few hours but I've already fallen in love with this city. Jay says that I say that about every stop and it's true, there are so many beautiful places to see in Europe, but this one just feels special!
Ok enough walking...we gave in to the Trdelník.
I have no idea how to pronounce that but pointing to the sign seems to work. It's basically a cone made of fried dough, rolled in cinnamon and sugar, filled with chocolate and caramel, and then filled with soft serve ice cream.
You got all that?
I feel sick even typing that out...but hey, we skipped the nuts!
This photo is hilarious! The look of concentration, amazement and pure love on her face is priceless!
And sharing...she hates the word sharing.
We had to buy a few cheapie umbrellas...it's supposed to rain all night!
Fingers crossed that the rain holds off tomorrow because we have some sites to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment