Thursday, August 3, 2017

Venice, Italy

This morning we hit the corner cafe for espresso and chocolate croissants and then boarded a train for Venice!



The neighborhood cat has given Mallory a good scare a time or two. Looks like we found her kryptonite!



On the train from Lake Como to Milan, we came to a complete stop with technical difficulties. It set us back about an hour which meant we'd miss our scheduled train from Milan to Venice (we'd already purchased our tickets). 

These are the types of situations that could really throw off an entire day of travel but we rallied. Daddy figured out how to exchange our tickets and the girls didn't seem phased with the extra travel time.

I've got to hand it to Jay. There's so much planning involved with traveling abroad, nevermind touring between different countries. From accommodations, train schedules and tickets, hunting down large enough taxis for our big family, exchanging money, planning excursions and brushing up on different languages...he does a great job. There's so many moving parts that go on at home beforehand and while we're away. It's a lot of work but he seems to really enjoy it!



I thought maybe we could detour from Milan to Gorgonzola...but no dice. C'mon, it's the birthplace of Gorgonzola cheese?!



I settled for browsing MAC and Sephora while we waited for our train to Venice! 





I told Rosalie to pack a light carry on with a notebook and pen, this is not what I had in mind...



Our first look at Venice exiting the train station...



After a water taxi and a bit of walking, we found Saint Mark's Basilica. We are staying a block outside of San Marco Square. 

It is hot, hot, hot here in Venice!



Obligatory food photo from dinner...



Every canal is more beautiful than the next. Add in the fresh flowers, gondolas, music and lights and I'm sold. Picture perfect - every one of them!









Rosalie knew just the gelato she wanted. Despite walking by many shops, she wanted to walk back to this particular one. The girl knows her gelato...it was good!





We're looking forward to hitting the streets tomorrow. 

Venice is such an incredible city!

No comments:

Post a Comment