Yesterday we spent our first and only full day in Norway.
We've moved onto our third currency while on this trip. We went from using Euros, to Czech Crowns and finally, Norwegian Krone.
Everything in Bergen is very expensive. I'm glad this is only a short stop!
After breakfast we walked down to the pier. There was a food market set up with lots of fresh fish and seafood.
Who's hungry?
This looked as good as it smelled. Huge pans of paella. The pan in front is the start of the next batch.
We shared strawberries and cherries and they were delicious.
We saw dried sticks of moose and reindeer. We even came across a vendor grilling reindeer hot dogs.
For lunch we had fresh sushi. I ordered the crispy duck and it was amazing.
That's Rosalie's hand dipping into the soft shell crab maki. I love that they're all willing to try new things. Sometimes, they're even more daring than me.
After lunch we boarded a ferry for a three hour tour to see Norway's fjords. They were stunning!
The rain held off for the most part but it was very windy.
There were lots of waterfalls. The boat even scooted up to one so we could collect a bucket of water to sample. The icy cold water was very refreshing!
Back on shore, Jay and I decided to share a plate of paella for dinner. It was awesome!
The girls opted for McDonald's. I wasn't in line to order and Jay told them to order whatever they wanted. Needless to say they got adult meals with a frappe. They said Daddy was the cooler parent and I usually make them get a happy meal. Lol!
Sneaky faces...
I'm really hoping these sweet potato fries make their way to the US if they haven't already!
After dinner it started to downpour. We holed up in an Irish pub and watched a soccer match on tv.
This photo depicts Hillary and Mallory's entire day together...at eachother's throats.
It can be challenging spending 24/7 with your family with no reprieve. Hopefully the girls will look back on these trips as great childhood memories.
We have one more morning to enjoy Bergen before we head to the airport.
Bittersweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment