Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bear Lake - Garden City, UT

We knew the drive to Wyoming was going to be a long one, so we planned to stop at Bear Lake.  Bear Lake is referred to as the "Caribbean of the Rockies" because of the turquoise blue water.







Garden City, UT is famous for their raspberries.  I love raspberries!  I stopped at a candy shop/gift store because I wanted to take home some raspberry jam.  Apparently, this store is known for their chocolate covered raspberries so I grabbed a bag while checking out.  I can't even describe how good they were.  We ate them, turned around and Jay sent me back inside to buy more.  He was disappointed I only got two more bags.  They were so good!


We'll miss you, Bear Lake!
   
We at dinner at La Beau's drive in.  We got hot dogs, a burger, fries and raspberry milk shakes.  The food was incredible.  Especially the milkshakes.


We couldn't stop talking about how good the food was.  Oh, and fry sauce.  I don't know if it's a Utah thing but we don't have fry sauce at home.  We must have looked so confused the first time we saw it, but we caught on quick.  They sell it everywhere!

Jay and I were laughing that there must have been something in the shakes because the kids were bouncing out of their seats as we continued driving.


No one could get their hands on her shake!
   
Half of Bear Lake is in Utah and the other half is in...


We spent about 30 minutes driving through Idaho before we got into...



Wyoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment