![]() |
| the cherry wood bar is the original |
After breakfast, we drove out to Thermopolis, WY to Hot Springs State Park. The park has the largest mineral hot spring in the world. You could soak in the indoor or outdoor pool for 20 minutes - we chose outdoors. The water was very hot!
After the hot spring, we went to a mineral pool across the street. They had water slides and again, indoor and outdoor pools. It was very crowded so we didn't stay too long. Jay and I both agreed - you've soaked in one mineral spring, you've soaked in them all. Although they make your skin shinier and softer, they all smell like sulfur!
![]() |
| funny sign along the way |
We went back into downtown Cody for dinner. We went to the Fresh Cut Saloon. The door says they serve "Kick Ass Cowboy Food." They are right! You can't beat a steak in Wyoming. Everything was great.
![]() |
| That's tonic in the Crown Royal cup! |
![]() | ||
| I have no idea.
|
![]() |
| A wedding party driving through downtown Cody on hay bales. It was adorable. Everyone in town was cheering. |












Found your blog through UCreate! I was curious to see where you found the basket at the thrift store in Wyoming-- you came through my (new) hometown! I teach in Thermopolis. I've gotten used to the sulfur stink-- I don't even notice it any more! How funny to read someone else's take on it. I agree-- once you've soaked in one hot spring, you've soaked in 'em all! =] What a great post.
ReplyDelete