Friday, July 15, 2011

Pioneer Village - Minden, NE

We went to Pioneer Village in Minden, Nebraska yesterday.  It was the coolest place I have ever been to!  It has 28 buildings on 20 acres of land filled with every antique item you can think of.  They have over 350 antique cars (including the first corvette and the oldest buick and ford models in the country), the oldest steam powered carousel (still works), the oldest jet airplane and antique money, cameras, telephones, newspapers, motorcycles, bikes, clothing...really anything you can think of.  

People who know me well, know two things about me: 
1. I LOVE antique shops/thrift stores.  As crazy as Jay thinks it is, I consider it a passion of mine.  I love it.  I get it from my mother.
2. I may have the strangest phobia ever.  I get very anxious when I see old pictures and really, really old items.  I once bought a map on eBay of Moosehead Lake from 1850.  I was going to frame it for Jay and when it came, I couldn't get myself to open the package.  Not normal.  

So I basically had an hour long panic attack in this place but it was so interesting.  I was sad when we left because chances are, I'll never go back (middle of nowhere, Nebraska) and I could have spent two days (without kids bugging me) reading all of the descriptions.

 

buggy




1902 Cadillac - second oldest in the world

1907 Ford

 


1911 "Maxwell"


1916 Red Bug Speedster

another "Maxwell"


1942 Valhalla - US goverment used this for submarine hunting during WWII

1967 Amphicar...these models were the only ones ever created for private use.

1905 - oldest Buick in existence


old newspapers


war ration papers

No comments:

Post a Comment