Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Northern Lights Casino - Walker, MN

After Valley City, we drove through Bismarck and Fargo, North Dakota.  There wasn't anything that caught our interest and the girls just wanted to stay on the road and head to where we were staying the night.

Monday night we arrived in Walker, Minnesota.  We booked a room at the Northern Lights Casino.  We were hoping to grab dinner in the hotel but their restaurant was closed, so we went into town.  We stopped at a beautiful restaurant, The Boulders, and sat on the patio.  We were one of two parties eating right before they closed.

kissing the bear in the lobby

Hill & Daddy


I have no idea why she insists on taking pictures with her butter knives.





Rose took this picture...perfectly centered...budding photographer?

my paella

Rose had to take a picture of her food too!

The mosquitoes were horrible.  We were being eaten alive.  I ran back to the car and got the bug spray but it didn't help.  The girls and I sat in the car while Jay finished up.  Surprisingly, this was the first time we've seen mosquitoes on this trip.  I thought we'd see them in Wyoming and North Dakota while camping, but there were none!
 When we got back to the hotel the girls and I did a mud mask.  We tried to entice Daddy into getting one with the "real milk chocolate scent" but he wasn't having it.  Rosie was unsure too.  I bought this mud mask back in Jackson Hole, WY and the girls asked me every day until we finally used it.  Ya know, mud masks and camping don't really go hand in hand...so we waited for a hotel stay.







fresh faces

2 comments:

  1. It looks so light out at night? I was so confused when I saw the picture of you guys at a late dinner and it looked like it was morning...then I remembered how far north you guys are and the whole "Northern Lights" thing. So, was it really light at night or was it actually early in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It never really crossed my mind while we were there. Yeah, it was pretty late at night. We got to the restaurant at 9! We are in Wisconsin now...I'll have to call you and let you know where we are. Matt can give us the inside info.

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete