We spent Wednesday and Thursday night tent camping on the Snake River in Jackson, WY. It was a first for the girls. When we called and reserved the tent site, they mentioned it was on a creek. Great, I thought, the kids can play in the creek and have something to do. Well, this is what we pulled up to...
A raging river right over the side of a small drop! The water actually looks more tame in the pictures. The kids were crying and wouldn't get out of the car. I wasn't comfortable with it either. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep or relax with it so close. Luckily, we were able to move our site across the street. We could still see and hear the river, which was nice. I knew I could trust the older kids to never go near the water, so I focused on drilling Rosie about it. About an hour in, she was saying, "that's bad water" and "I don't like that." Mission accomplished.
We didn't arrive at the campsite until 8:30 pm. I was nervous because we hadn't opened and set up our tent in about 7 years and it was getting dark. Jay and I used to camp a lot before having the girls and now I remember why we loved it so much. Once the tent was up, we were excited to get the fire going and relax.
 |
| helping Daddy with the fire |
 |
| That's a marshmallow Rose is trying to stick on the end of the kindling. HAHA! |
 |
| Rosie fell asleep early |
 |
| Does this face scare you? |
 |
| How about now? |
 |
| they all crashed |
 |
| My classy wine setup...a bottle of wine from a winery in Moab and a paper Coke cup to drink it out of. |
 |
| sitting by the camp fire |
 |
| Notice the smoke in the upper left hand corner. Rule #1: Don't put your feet up on the grate on the fire. I started to smell burning rubber and then notified Jay that his shoes were smoking. |
Smoking shoes!!! Classy wine! Funny
ReplyDeleteLepf