Last night we drove up to Dead Horse Point State Park. Legend has it that in the days of the wild west, cowboys would corral horses up on the mesa because there was no way down for them but a neck 30 yards wide, which they gated. After the cowboys abandoned the area, the horses died of thirst - ironically overlooking the Colorado river below.
They say that the views rival that of the Grand Canyon. I've never seen the Grand Canyon but this was pretty amazing.
It was storming before we got there and as we were leaving.
| Rosalie cracks me up! This is also her new go-to move when she wants something and she says, "cherry on top?" |
| Then she fell and suddenly it wasn't so funny. |
| RAIN! |
I Looooove reading the blog and seeing the pics! OMG, I am so jealous! What an adventure!
ReplyDeleteI miss you guys terribly! :(
Kelli(#1 sister & auntie)
I agree with Jay - GREAT picture of the lightning. So happy you're getting to see so much! Everyone looks like they're having a blast. Awesome memories!
ReplyDeleteJenn