Thursday, July 14, 2011

County Fair - Manchester, IA

We went to the county fair this afternoon.  We had a lot of fun.  It was way more agricultural than the fairs we're used to at home.  Rosalie couldn't get enough of the animals.  They went on rides, played midway games and ate fair food.  It wasn't too crowded, so that was a plus.  Jay and I were shocked at how inexpensive it was as opposed to home.  They didn't charge for parking, the kids tickets were $2 each and the rides were free.  The food was very cheap too.  Drinks for $1 and food was around $2-3. 

This first picture cracks me up.  On the way to the fair, apparently Mallory was chewing gum and fell asleep.  I'm sure you can imagine where this is going.  As we were getting out of the car she was crying.  I think she thought I'd be mad.  But I've been down this road many times...gum or them experimenting with scissors.  We had a small pair of scissors in the first aid kit and the kids really wanted to go on rides already....so I just chopped it off...and not neatly.  I'll have to fix her up before school starts.

Maybe she'll start a new trend...sideburns for little girls!

Our first experience with funnel cake...pretty much just like fried dough.


And our first experience with cheese curds.  The kids wouldn't touch them.  But they were so good!


They've really gotten use out of their sunglasses huh?  Thanks Nana Marie!


puppet show






Natalie BEAT Daddy throwing darts!  Woo hoo!

This was actually one of the toys they give you on the midway games when they say every one's a winner.  This bubble gun is battery operated and works great.  It would easily be $10 at a store!

Ahhh Mallory.  Anytime the girls came near her she would growl and say, "Leave me alone.  This is my dinner."  And she meant it.  All she wanted to eat was cotton candy.  The whole time.

3 comments:

  1. Mallory cracks me up...the gum, the cotton candy. She's a riot. Love the face painting - the girls are so pretty. It's another world out there, huh? Haha. So, what do you think of the people? I want some pictures of the town folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. that food looks so good. Cheese curds are a Wisconsin staple too. Matt's parents were going to bring us some last week when they came to visit, but forgot. Aren't they like stubby mozerella sticks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The face paintings were great!! Especially Rosalie's the painting of the binky looks soooo real!!
    Love,
    Nana Marie and Papa Marty
    PS Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete